Re: [OT] HTML5 (was: Playing Videos)

At 12:53 PM 6/8/2012, Camaleón wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 12:32:03 -0400, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:

> Dear List -
>
> If this is considered an HTML question, I apologize and please direct me
> to the correct forum for submission.

No problem, just tag the subject accordingly :-)

> 1] I am trying to play a video using VLC.  If I call the video from a
> HTML5 document, it takes 90 seconds to load.  If I go directly to the
> directory where the video is located, it loads in about one second.

What's the html code you are using to load the video?

Have you tried with another media player to check if it happens the same?

> 2] How do I give the user the option to replay the video?

You have to back to school :-P

http://www.w3schools.com/html5/tag_video.asp

(hint: "controls")

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Camaleon -

Thanks.

You have to back to school :-P

What's the html code you are using to load the video?

<embed src="Videos/DSCF0142.AVI" vspace="70" width="320" height="260" CONTROLLER="true" LOOP="LOOP" alt="" AUTOPLAY="0" name="GingyVideo"></embed>

Teacher -- Did I pass my test??  :-)

Have you tried with another media player to check if it happens the same?

Yes, same behavior.

Ethan Rosenberg