Re: [OT] HTML5 (was: Playing Videos)

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 13:47:09 -0400, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:

> At 12:11 PM 6/10/2012, Camaleón wrote:

>>Video tag is supported in the newer versions of the usual browsers
>>(Firerox, Chrome, Opera...). It works well here (Firefox 13) :-)
>          Iceweasel 10.0.1 Does not work

Provide fall-back alternatives. Use a different container. Use a
different browser. Move it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5_video

>          If I access the file from the directory
> display [like Windows Explorer in Wndows], it plays wonderfully.  In
> this case it is not using the plugin.

Your browser is not a full operating system. Your OS and your browser use
a differenet system to load multimedia files (a browser uses plugins to
call the players that are installed in your system).

>>  Anyway, I doubt your problem is generated by your plugin...
>          I have to dispute my teacher.   Sorry.
>
>>Review your "about:plugins".
>
>          Done - no luck.

Mmm, maybe is that you had the wrong expectations.

You look at the "about:plugins" to know what library is in charge of
managing multimedia files. If you install a different plugin to handle
thsese files, you look here to check it has been properly installed and
detected by your browser.

> The only thing that works seems to be the <object> tag.

With a MS video container file (.avi)? Use a different one and your life
will be -by far- better.

> Additionally, I can not enable replay when the play button is pressed.

Still with this? :-? I already pointed you to the school site, what did
you learn from it? Nothing?

> Student is stumped. :'(

If you're still stuck at the same place, consider someone does the job
for you :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón