Re: Recommend System requirements for Linux Debian

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 19:55:51 +0200, Marcin Sławiński wrote:

> What exactly Linux Debian with gnome 3 has hardware requirements to
> works just fine without 2 minutes boot time and low responsible? How
> much RAM must been installed (how fast? which technology : DDR, DDR or
> DDR3) how GPU must be strong for Debian systems?

I can tell you the system specs where I'm currently running wheezy:
GNOME3 with gnome-shell. It's a netbook (Atom based) with 2 GiB of DDR2
RAM and Intel N10 chipset card (Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150).

I'd say is quite conservative hardware but desktop runs flawlessly and
the overall user experience is very good; I mean, most things (like
booting, menus, windows, effects) are very fast.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón