Re: Is there a way to use a custom background in terminal mode?

Camaleón wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 13:34:14 -0400, Tony Baldwin wrote:

On Sat, Jun 09, 2012 at 08:21:59PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 08:52:56 -0700, 斟酌鵬兄 wrote:

Like a bitmap or jpeg?
I remember openSUSE had (still has?) a cute background image when
jumping to a tty console so this has to be possible...

Google suggests "fbterm" and "fbcondecor" but I have not tried any of
those, I can't really tell about their status nor their current
funcionalities :-?

There are terminal emulators that allow for changing the background
(eterm comes to mind), but in a tty, without an X session, I do not
believe this is possible.

It sems that it's possible. You can read about the above mentioned utilities requirements at their respective sites.

http://code.google.com/p/fbterm/ says "background image for eye candy". Haven't tried it.

Hugo