Re: wpa_supplicant.wlan1.pid

 On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 14:14:15 +1200 "Chris Bannister
 cbannister@slingshot.co.nz" suggested this:

>> >What is output of:
>> >"apt-cache policy firmware-linux-nonfree"?
>>
>> Booted the lappy and my /etc/apt/sources.list contains:
>>
>> deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
>>
>> deb-src http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free
>> contrib
>>
>> deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
>>
>> deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org testing main non-free
>
>> apt-cache policy firmware-linux-nonfree
>> N: Unable to locate package firmware-linux-nonfree
>
>Weird!.
>Looks like a problem with your mirror. Just to be sure, can you do:
>apt-get update && apt-cache policy firmware-linux-nonfree
>
>Note: It is better to use the code name in your sources.list.
>e.g. "deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main non-free
>contrib"

Took your advice about the code name, and changed it.

Interestingly I have always left it as testing since Sarge. At the
changeover, when testing went to stable and new testing came in. Allowed
the system to upgrade and just hacked everything so it worked or used
other packages to do the work for packages that I couldn't get working
as I wanted.

Always thought that was a bit of the magic of Linux and Debian in
particular because you were embarrassed by the choice you had?

There were a few glitches, and nothing was ever completely simple. But
once accomplished, just went on with the stuff I was doing.

I will try it as you suggest and use the code name and see if it's any
better. Thank you.

Here tis:

apt-cache policy && firmware-linux-nonfree
Package files:
 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     release a=now
 500 http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ wheezy/non-free i386 Packages
     release v=None,o=Unofficial Multimedia
Packages,a=testing,n=wheezy,l=Unofficial Multimedia Packages,c=non-free
origin www.deb-multimedia.org 500 http://www.deb-multimedia.org/
wheezy/main i386 Packages release v=None,o=Unofficial Multimedia
Packages,a=testing,n=wheezy,l=Unofficial Multimedia Packages,c=main
origin www.deb-multimedia.org Pinned packages:
bash: firmware-linux-nonfree: command not found

Stay well,
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

"Let him be just and deal kindly with my people, for the dead are not
powerless. Dead - I say? There is no death. Only a change of worlds".
--------Attributed to Chief Seattle - Suquamish Crisis Chief.