Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

* On 2012 09 Jun 01:15 -0500, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 06:20:12PM -0700, Weaver wrote:
> > After all this time, he still doesn't understand that the free/open source
> > software movement works for itself.
>
> He has a bit of an axe to grind.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Letter_to_Hobbyists

I doubt he will ever get over it.  Note the portion where his commercial
enterprise was initially done on a PDP-10 provided by the US DOD--US
taxpayer funded--for "free".  What he stole, computer time, was of no
consequence, apparently.  The guy has lived the double standard all his
life.

Perhaps MSFT should go back to pricing software on the level of the
initial Altair BASIC which, per the article, was priced at $500!  That's
1975 dollars and works out to $2138.34 in 2012 (per US Bureau of Labor
Statistics).  Then you could buy the entire Altair package including
BASIC for just $995.  Heh!

- Nate >>