Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

> On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 06:20:12PM -0700, Weaver wrote:
>> After all this time, he still doesn't understand that the free/open
>> source
>> software movement works for itself.
>
> He has a bit of an axe to grind.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Letter_to_Hobbyists
> http://www.digibarn.com/collections/newsletters/homebrew/V2_01/gatesletter.html
>
> And yet:
>
> http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_did_Bill_Gates_steal_DOS_from
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/larryosterman/archive/2005/06/24/432386.aspx
>
>     'My favorite Gary Kildall quote on the issue:
>     "Ask Bill [Gates] why the string in function 9 is terminated by a
>     dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer, only I know that." '

Yes, heard most of this before.
Along with the odd episode along the way, such as how the head engineer
for the NT project was treated.
Gates is the last one to preach 'Holy, Holy'.

All this lockin process - and agreed, secure boot is no real problem yet -
gives me the heebee-geebees when other aspects such as the degree of
kernel development Microsoft does.

They have enough friends in government to arrange a small change in
copyright law when it suits them.
There's nothing all those three letter government agencies would welcome
more than a backdoor into every OS on the planet, rather than just the
Microsoft machines.
Regards,

Weaver.

by the wise as false,