Re: linux-vserver (or equvalent) in wheezy

08.06.2012, 17:41, "John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan@opensourcedevel.com>:

> I find there are other advantages to VServer.  We use both KVM and
> VServer in our environment on hefty hardware.  Not only do the lower
> requirements make a difference on highly virtualized systems (nothing
> like seeing dozens of small servers running in 8MB of RAM) but there are
> interesting advantages that can be gained from the shared file system
> and the ability to remount portions of the host file system into the
> guests.
>
> So we certainly see the need for both.  The VServer team is incredibly
> talented and helpful but also very small so we are keeping our eyes
> closely on LXC.  I'm just a little concerned about the userland tools.
> I had heard there was talk if util-vserver supporting LXC but I do not
> know how far that integration has gotten - John

I'm checking LXC right now, so far big chunk of functionality is missing for me.
I can't find a way to share IP address with the host system.
Here is my use cases:
1) I have bgpd running on a host server which advertises 10.7.7.5/32 10.6.6.5/32
Then I tell linux-vserver to have these IPs on eth0, eth1 whatever, and I don't need to create routes, nat, etc - packets reach the instance.
2) I have 192.168.1.2/28 and 3ffe::2/120 on the eth0 from a hoster, from there I create containers with 192.168.1.3/32 and 3ffe::3/128 which are attached to eth0 - packets reach the instance.
Unfortunately I can't have such setup with LXC. If one is aware what to do, please tell me.
Another question, is there a 'unofficial' linux-vserver debian repo for wheezy?
If not, how it hard to have personal automated kernel build farm? Any ready to use solutions?