Re: Boinc?

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 21:23:32 -0400, Carl Fink wrote:

> I just installed Wheezy on my new tower. I thought I'd install BOINC and
> use some of those many CPUs for something when I'm not doing
> CPU-intensive work.
>
> However, despite what it says on the Debian wiki
> (http://wiki.debian.org/BOINC) none of the BOINC packages exist for
> Testing.
>
> Why?
>
> I checked the "Why is my package not in Testing yet?" page and was told
> that no BOINC packages are part of Debian. Why? They used to be.

"No part of Debian"? Where did you read from that?

***
http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=boinc

- boinc has no old version in testing (trying to add, not update)
- boinc is waiting for fglrx-driver
        fglrx-driver is only 5 days old. It must be 10 days old to go in.
***

It seems there's a dependency issue with one VGA driver though it makes
no sense... why BOINC depends on a "non-free" package? >:-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón