Re: Boinc?

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 03:51:41AM +0200, ACro wrote:
> >I just installed Wheezy on my new tower. I thought I'd install BOINC and use
> >some of those many CPUs for something when I'm not doing CPU-intensive work.
> >
> >However, despite what it says on the Debian wiki
> >(http://wiki.debian.org/BOINC) none of the BOINC packages exist for Testing.
>

> Hi,
>
> maybe they've removed it from Wheezy because of a security issue.
> You can try getting it from Sid:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=boinc&searchon=names&suite=all&section=main

I checked the package-dev list archives. There's a bug in the current
unstable version, so that would not be a great idea.

Instead I downloaded the stable version from Berkeley. Since it doesn't
install anything outside my home directory, no harm done.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!