Re: Mac Pro, Debian/OS X dual boot, EFI - I'm missing something

I have four disks in the machine. Three 500 GB that I was using for RAID and a 1 TB drive used for backup. (Timemachine in Mac OS X.)

I installed Mac OS X in a 130GB partition on one of the 500 GB drives and used Mac's Disk Utility to add partitions for linux (/boot, /, /tmp, and /var). Again, I was working from

 www.rodsbooks.com/ubuntu-efi/index.html

and he said Mac OS X will be happier if it partitions the disks. Under linux, the system disk always shows up at /dev/sdc.

> Also --- have you thought about using the OSX time machine to keep
> backups for your ubuntu partition?

I don't intend to use the Mac partition much at all and so I'm planning to repartition the timemachine backup to be a backup under Debian.

> I'd certainly appreciate hearing how the story of your machine unfolds
> (and i'm sort of surprised that you could share a disk so easily with OSX---
> but i'm assuming your machine could hold up to 4 disks).

Once I get the whole thing working, I can write up and post the working configuration. I've made some more progress and would love to get this ironed out today so I can just leave the machine running Debian.

Brian