Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 18:20 -0400, Tom H wrote:
> You're already paying a for-profit company for your computer so this
> is "just" another USD 99 for a key.

It might be that I need to pay for the BIOS or whatever, when I buy a
new mobo, dunno, but I don't pay a Cent now and my mobo doesn't nearly
cost 99 US$. I don't pay anyone, if I build a kernel-rt.
In Germany I'm paying a lot to different Mafias. If I buy an empty sound
carrier I have to pay a performing right society called GEMA, but that's
not a good argument for paying an additional fee.

- Ralf