Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

On 06/06/12 13:35, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2012 05 Jun 21:45 -0500, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:
>>>
>>> Again, let MS rot in its malware hell. �I don't care!

I'm all right Jack....

Great attitude.

<snipped rabid rant>

>> Comments like this make you look like a tool.  Microsoft is acting as
>> as nothing more than a certificate authority here.  This has jack and
>> all to do with MS Windows.

Don't go bringing facts to a passion play.... ;-p

> I'd much rather be a "tool" standing up for computing freedom than a
> lacky buying into the marketing spin.

There are other, intelligent, alternatives to your binary view of the
issue:-
;don't confuse Intel with Microsoft
;do your own research instead of stupidly swallowing the first "blog"
that feeds your paranoia
;consider that Fedora paid the $99 fee  - in a free world that would be
their right
;consider also that Fedora has *not* said they won't be sharing the key

<snipped>

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-