Re: wifi is not working now

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 22:00:21 +0300, Klearchos-Angelos Gkountras wrote:

(please, turn off html... thanks)

> Hi there I am using debian sid w/ kde ..The driver is http:brcm80211

The driver is "what"? You mean "brcmsmac"? And how do you know that's
the driver to use? :-?

> just I rebooted and I then no wifi ... also in Iwconfig I dont get a
> output about wlan0 and the weird thing is that in lspci I got
>
> root@Debian:/home/jemadux# lspci |grep -i Net
> 04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 02)

That's the wired adapter. I'd take a look at dmesg but lspci should list
the hardware...

> Oh I know that about in some hours I will get the update that will fix
> it .. also I am using laptop

What's your laptop brand and model? Also, was the wireless adapter
working before?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón