Finding files

Hi all

I have been searching this for a couple of hours now and can't seem to find what I am looking for. Google was my friend until now. But I may be asking the wrong question.

I am attempting to create a script (#!/bin/sh) that searches for files created on the first day of the week, then on the first day of the month, then the first day of the year. as seperate events. All the files are in one directory so easy to find, though the files could have any name. And I already know how to take the action I want once found. I just can't seem to work out how to find the files in question.

Debian Squeeze server with all updates.

Your thoughts would be most helpful. And sorry for the pleb question.

Regards

Fred