Re: alsa

> 2012/6/5 john gennard <joney1930@btinternet.com>
>
>> **
>> Thank you very much. That cures the problem. I would not have been
>> able to work out that it was due to the motherboard having a non
>> supported chip.
>>
>> I am most grateful to you for taking the time to sort things out.

I have almost exactly the same problem.
Alsa was working perfectly yesterday, through all mediums.
I get sound through Amarok, but nothing by way of a streamed video.

I've reconfigured alsa by way of 'alsactl init' and adjusted levels by way
of alsamixer, but no joy.

What would be the scenario where previously working sound like this would
falter in some areas and not in others?

Grateful for any assistance.
Regards,

Weaver.