Re: what did hwinfo do to my machine?

On 2012-06-04, Dan B. <danb@kempt.net> wrote:

> Just to doubly confirm things, I just purged hwinfo and purged the
> two prerequisite packages that aptitude installed, and tried rebooting.
> GRUB is still slow.

Just googling around I've found people with the grub fd0 error
complaining about there being a significant delay, so it would be nice
as the other poster suggested to eliminate the floppy as a possibility
by disabling it.  Why the floppy probing error didn't cause a noticeable
delay from the very beginning might just be one of those intractable
mysteries the resolution of which nobody really cares about in the end.