Re: ssh error - Write failed: Broken pipe

On 23/05/12 03:07 PM, elbbit wrote:
On 23/05/12 19:46, Gary Dale wrote:
This is repeatable 100% of the time.
I get this error on my ISP.  I have found they are inspecting the
internet packets and terminating if there is too little back-and-forth
traffic.  My ISP is a mobile phone network over 3G so they are probably
trying to keep the bandwidth for phones only.

I do "-o ServerAliveInterval=5" which has my ssh client ping the server
every 5 seconds to keep it alive.

To summarise, I get rid of broken pipe errors by using this command line

ssh -o ServerAliveInterval=5 user@server.com

Hope this helps,
elbbit
I can try it, but as I said, I have a stable connection when I'm not doing anything. I can leave an ssh shell open overnight and it will be there in the morning. It's only when I'm moving bits around on the remote machine that I get disconnected.