Verifying integrity of .deb file

Hello,

I am currently generating a custom deb file and distributing it over
http. What are the options to verify the integrity of .deb files on the
machine where I have installed the .deb?

Currently I have the following options:

 1. Use debsums
 	- Verifies integrity of installed files but not .deb

 2. MD5/SHA1 of .deb file and compare it to hash stored in .changes.
 	- Currently using two steps (one to compute the hash and one to
	  compare it with .changes)
 	- And requires distributing of .changes file.

Are there any options to automatically do this? e.g. a 'debverify'
command?

Thanks,
Amit