Re: wheezy: non-free latex fonts no longer work

On Thu, 24 May 2012 15:39:29 +0200, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

> Thanks for your help!
>
> On 23/05/12 18:55, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 May 2012 22:40:56 +0200, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
>> According to this bug report (message #30) the script is not available
>> anymore:

> Yes, that's the problem:
> 1. the installed font was removed / disconfigured during the upgrade.

By reading the changelog of the package:

***
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/t/texlive-extra/texlive-extra_2011.20120424-1/changelog

* replace otf/ttf fonts with links to the files in the
respective Debian package, depend on that package
***

It could be that commit what misconfigured the font :-?

> 2. the script to reinstall the font is gone. :-(

That seems to be on purpose so there's must be a new way for doing the
same with the new version, though I think this should be documented. Is
there something at the docs that explains how to do this? If not, you can
report a documentation bug.

>>> How could I install or reactivate the optima font?
>> I'd start by reading the mentioned "missfont.log" maybe there's
>> something of usefulness there :-?

> Well, probably not:
>
> $ cat missfont.log
> mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 uopr8r
> mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+456/600 --dpi 456 uopb8r

Only the run commands? Mmm... let's back to the original error then:

***
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for uopb8r.
mktexpk: perhaps uopb8r is missing from the map file.
***

Check if what it says is true. Is the font "uopb8r" available at the
mentioned map file?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón