Re: Verifying integrity of .deb file

Hello Uttam,

Uttam <amit.uttam@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently generating a custom deb file and distributing it over
> http. What are the options to verify the integrity of .deb files on the
> machine where I have installed the .deb?

Do you want to verify the downloaded .deb or do you want to verify
the content on your machine? The latter can be done with debsums, as
you mentioned. If setting up a repository is not a good idea for you
(for whatever reasons), you might want to try dpkg-sig which lets you
sign and verify package signatures outside of repositories.

Best regards,

Claudius
--
QOTD:
	The forest may be quiet, but that doesn't mean