Re: Re: Re: Re: NFS mounts and Debian

Ortelious wrote:

> I'm having the exact same problem since updating to netbase 5.0 and
> ifupdown 0.7~rc3  Booting is taking around 10 minutes as it tries to
> map the four nfs4 shares i have on my server. After it gets the timed
> out messages it boots normally and the shares are connected fine.
>

> Information during boot:
> Configuring network interfaces...Starting rpcbind daemon...
> Starting NFS common utilities: statd idmapd.
> mount.nfs4: Connection timed out
> mount.nfs4: Connection timed out
> mount.nfs4: Connection timed out
> mount.nfs4: Connection timed out
>

> and i can replicate this by running:
>

> ifdown -a --exlude=lo
> ifup -a --exlude=lo
>

> which returns the following after around the same time it takes to
> boot:
> Starting rpcbind daemon...Already running..
> Starting NFS common utilities: statd idmapd.
> mount.nfs4: Connection timed out
> mount.nfs4: Connection timed out
> mount.nfs4: Connection timed out
> mount.nfs4: Connection timed out

This is a very annoying bug. This may be a warn to other users: please
DO NOT turn off your system will start after a several number of timouts
(10 min) as numerous as the number of nfs shares.

I gonna post this on the debian bug tracker, as updated debian systems
are almost unusable.

Till later !

--
Antoine Journeaux