Re: Wheezy USB Harddrive install grub2 issues

On 05/22/2012 04:52 AM, Tom H wrote:
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Bob<spam@homeurl.co.uk>  wrote:
On 05/14/2012 03:45 PM, Tom H wrote:
On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 2:36 AM, Bob<spam@homeurl.co.uk>    wrote:

grub-install /dev/sda will install to the MBR correct?

Yes.

What's the output of bootinfoscript[1]?

1. http://sourceforge.net/projects/bootinfoscript/files/bootinfoscript/

Sorry for the delay&  thank everyone for your patience. I reinstalled grub&
ran bootinfoscript, output is below.

      Boot Info Script 0.61      [1 April 2012]
<snip>

I don't see anything in the output of bootinfoscript for you to end up
at the grub prompt when you boot with just this disk connected. :(

I just copied the install onto a 32GB memory card in a USB reader & grub boots it on that no problem so it is specific to USB harddrives (or at least the 3 I've tried, a Samsung a WD & a Seagate)

Bug report?