Re: update-alternatives

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 05:06:51PM +0200, Camaleón wrote:

> "Priorities" is a package (and also a repository) concept.
>
> What "update-alternatives" allows is setting the default aplication when
> several programs provide the same funcionality (e.g., browsers, text
> editors, java virtual machines...) but you can't alter the priorities
> from here.
>
> More info:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianAlternatives

Thanks.  That clears up some misunderstandings on my side.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the
      life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead,
      yet shall he live."          John 11:25