Re: update-alternatives

On Tue, 15 May 2012 09:17:25 +0200, Johann Spies wrote:

> I have checked the man page and the Debian Handbook but I am not sure
> how to influence the 'auto' setting for update-alnatives.

(...)

> I cannot figure out from this how to get to 'auto' mode.

(...)

And what's what you want to get exactly?

> So what does the --auto option do otherwise than showing me what I have
> already seen in the --config screen?

It does exactly what the man page says :-)

--auto link
Switch  the  master  symlink link to automatic mode.  In the process,
this symlink and its slaves are updated to point to the highest  pri‐
ority installed alternatives.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón