Re: How to install drivers for this nVidia graphics card?

Hi Tom and everybody,

Really sorry, I'll make sure to never reply personally again. It's kind of common sense, I should have resisted the temptation to just hit the reply button on every mail... I'll send all mail to debian-user@lists.debian.org from now - that's the right thing right? You can still track what I'm saying, correct?

Yes, indeed, X does work once I rid the system of nvidia drivers, the xorg.conf file and install something like vesa for instance. The main problem right now is less about X not starting and more about the low resolution (which I'm guessing is because there is no nVidia support).

You are right, I have Optimus on my laptop, and I tried installing bumblebee to no success :( I'm attaching my X files again so everyone else can try to see what the problem is, too...

Also, I have the same laptop make, lspci output, and probably even the same X configuration and errors, as this guy: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1790201 - and what I want is a better screen resolution, just like the OP.

I tried to implement the answers over there by messing with my X files, but I keep breaking things. May I please have instructions, or Step-by-Step links to instructions? Reply #8 to that thread sounds tantalizingly like a solution but whatever I write into the x.conf file to implement it, ends up in a syntax error...