Re: How to install drivers for this nVidia graphics card?

Hey,

Can you give me an easy way to install drivers for this
card *Nvidia GeForce GT520M*?

Everything I do results in X failing to start.

Is your laptop by any chance crippled with Optimus weirdness?
I'd never heard of it until recently, when I bumped into the
exact same problem (sadly on the laptop of someone I finally
convinced to give Linux a try).

If so, either you're lucky and you can disable the Nvidia card
from the BIOS. If you can't, there's quite some reading ahead
of you. :) Check out Bumblebee (3.0, not older, and not some
obsolete rename called Ironhide), it has a page on the Debian
wiki [1].

In the meantime X started just fine after I removed everything
nouveau/Nvidia (making X pick the Intel driver) and installed
libgl1-mesa-glx and -dri (IIRC) for GLX.

Luck,
Tom

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Bumblebee

--