Re: OT: language (was: Re: something about rm)

On Fri, 18 May 2012 12:22:28 +0100, Lisi wrote in message
<[🔎] 201205181222.28673.lisi.reisz@gmail.com>:

> I understand American English.  I usually do not understand Scottish

..clearly, Kircaldian is a Scottish language, but is it an...

> English

...language?  Yes, I have been there, I mean, Italians, Arabs,
Russians etc understand and appreciate the fact that I may have
a wee language challenge, and, as a nice bonus, they will even
honor my pleas of speaking _s_l_o_w_l_y_ so I can understand
their 4'th and 5'th etc words to me, too. :o)

..now, Yorkshirian is _much_ easier, and going by my standard
on Kircaldian, it is clearly an English language, it _sounds_
like some Norwegian trying _hard_ to speak English, and since
my Norwegian is of little help trying to understand it, I'd be
inclined to argue that Yorkshirian is "English English." ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: