Re: Swap space not used

Rick Thomas wrote:
> Another use for a large swap partition is if you want to put /tmp
> into tmpfs.

Yes.  The new trend for tmpfs /tmp partitions is going to require a
lot of thinking and rethinking for how much swap is required.

Or also swap is useful if you have an enterprise server and have
disabled Linux memory overcommit for reliability.  I have posted about
this problem before.  Here are a couple of them:

> Whether doing so is a "good thing(TM)" is a religious debate that I
> don't want to stir up here.  But there are people who do it, and for
> them a large swap partition can be useful.

Agreed.  Very strongly!

Bob