Re: Swap space not used

On 04/05/12 02:28, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Fri, 2012-05-04 at 01:36 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
While this computer has 8GB of RAM, which is far greater than the total
hard drive capacities of most hard drives from twenty years ago

I can't resist ... in the 80s and 90s we burned EPROMS with much less
capacity than an USB stick has got, but they where large ICs, no SMD
technology.

The cartridge of my DX7 synths from the 80s has got a HM6264LP-15 RAM.
For entertainment:
http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/HITACHI/HM6264LP-15.html
All inputs and outputs are TTL compatible :D.

Heh! Coincidentally, I was looking through my old chip box last night to see if I had a 6502 (I did), and found a HM6116LP-2 and a couple of HY62256LP-10 chips :-)

--
Dom