Re: genisoimage and truncating of file names

On 30/04/2012, keith <km3952@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 02:47:11 +0100
> Sharon Kimble <skimble04@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am creating an iso with genisoimage prepatory to burning it to dvd
>> for backing up of my music collection, and on checking the resulting
>> disc I'm finding that the mp3 name is truncated to the first word of
>> its title. I feel that this is happening with genisoimage and would
>> obvioulsy like to have the full mp3 title.
>>
>> The command to genisoimage is ......... genisoimage -o
>> ~/irishceltic.iso /home/boztu/Music/Irish\ Celtic\ Music\ Collection\
>> Version\ 2/ .......... which creates the file irishceltic.iso .
>>

> Try it with:-
>
> genisoimage -o irishceltic.iso -R -J -l -v -V "Irish Celtic" -hide-rr-moved
> .

When I run the above command this is the result ........ File
./irishceltic.iso is larger than 4GiB-1.
-allow-limited-size was not specified. There is no way do represent
this file size. Aborting.

irishceltic.iso is 18.9gb in size

Thanks
Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.5.1