Re: Shorewall 4.5.2.2 startup question

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 11:43:53 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Du, 29 apr 12, 18:53:11, Charles Kroeger wrote:
>>
>> In /doc/shorewall-core there's nothing about this In
>> /doc/shorewall-doc/ there are subfolders of HTML and HTML/images and
>> manpages in great abundance but no README. In /usr/share/shorewall
>> there are subfolders of Shorewall and config files but even there alas
>> no README or mention of the etc/default/shorewall file. I might add
>> that I also use shorewall-init and the /doc/shorewall-init of which
>> resides no mention of this necessary file, /etc/default/shorewall.
>
> /etc/default/<stuff> is Debian specific most of the times, which is why
> it won't be mentioned in upstream documentation.

(...)

But it is (at least in their online docs):

http://www.shorewall.net/Install.htm#Debian

***
Install the .deb

(...)

Once you have completed configuring Shorewall, you can enable startup at
boot time by setting startup=1 in /etc/default/shorewall.
***

In fact, being me a "book worm" that tends to read all the documentation
in first place, I got this from there ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón