Re: Problem with resolution on Radeon HD 7459 card (Squeeze)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:07:40 +0900, Han Soo Chang wrote:

(...)

> Now, I get the desired resolution of 1920 x 1080.
>
> However, redrawing of windows is very slow, and I can't move a window
> smoothly, which is quite bothersome.

Mmm... as you are using gnome2 with metacity (i.e., a non-3D enabled
desktop) I don't know what could you tweak to make it to run smoothly.
Let's see what the X gurus have to say in this regard.

> gnome reports that my refresh rate is 60 Hz.

That's a normal value for TFT/LCD displays but very low for a CRT.

> I feel I am almost there, but I don't know if this problem is
> remediable. Perhaps, some additional lines in my xorg.conf file?

I bet yes, but I don't know ATI closed source driver enough to make any
suggestion. By Googling around you can found some, though, but this is a
"trial/error" try-out:

Under "Modules" section:

Load "GLcore"
Load "glx"