Re: Re: Bonded network: "No route to host" between slaves

Seyyed Mohtadin Hashemi wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Is there some reason that you are choosing not to use a switch that
> > you haven't told us about?
>
> I have no reason other than I'm trying different network configurations to
> learn how to do different things. I already have established a network
> config using a switch that did all the things i described earlier, i wanted
> to see is it was possible to make it work only using NICs.

Learning is good!  I am fully supportive of gaining experience with
different configurations.

In this case a configuration which might be more generally useful
would be a router configuration.  Instead of bridging (or bonding)
different network cards together something which I often need to do is
to set up a route between them.  (Windows calls this Internet
Sharing.)  If you were trying different configurations for the
purposes of learning then I would definitely queue up a router
configuration.

My favorite helper for this is Shorewall.  It builds the iptables
rules from simpler rules.  I like it.  Others like other tools.  Still
others like writing everything in small detail themselves.  For
something that I think is useful to work through I would look through
this documentation and work through the examples there.

  http://www.shorewall.net/two-interface.htm

Bob