Re: [OT] Posting styles (was: printer Kyocera FSC-5100DN)

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:34:54 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:25:42 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
>>
>>> Could someone explain me, what are "top- and bottom posting" styles?
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style
>
> Though it's generally ideal to go with a conversational style, inserting
> new text within the quoted material for context.  Top posting almost
> never meets this, bottom posting only works when the post you're
> responding to is very short.  Like this.

Bottom posting has been since long the preferred method for newsgroups
and then mailing lists but not for forums nor business communications.

A bottom posting style does not mean "all the stuff goes to the bottom"
but put in chunks between context, replying inline, as Wikipedia article
says ("interleaved style").

Greetings,

--
Camaleón