Re: upgrade to Wheezy fails with aptitude

On 21/03/12 22:22, Lisi wrote:
On Wednesday 21 March 2012 13:42:24 Pierre Frenkiel wrote:

I've managed to mislay your follow up after having read it.  It would have
helped if you had not copied me in.  But no, I do not agree that that is what
the manual means.  It says - and means - that aptitude dist-upgrade will
still work for historical reasons, and is synonymous with aptitude
full-upgrade.  It neither says nor means that aptitude full-upgrade is
synonymous with or identical to *apt-get* dist-upgrade.

Lisi

I agree with you, but it does not matter. The man page is often outdated and tend to mislead in obscure corners cases of the project

Or so I've seen so far...

greets!
aL