Re: upgrade to Wheezy fails with aptitude

Hello Pierre,

Pierre Frenkiel <pierre.frenkiel@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to upgrade from Squeeze to Wheezy, and as I saw in several places
> that aptitude should be preferred to apt-get,  I first tried with it.

> My question: is it better to also revert to apt-get for package management,
> or is the problem specific to the upgrade to a new release?

The release notes for Squeeze already refer to apt-get rather than
aptitude. From my point of view, during a specific timeframe around
2008, aptitude was technically superior, but since apt-get has caught
up, it appears to be the preferred choice.

Best regards,

Claudius
--
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
Please use GPG: ECB0C2C7 4A4C4046 446ADF86 C08112E5 D72CDBA4