Re: Problem with trying to instal Debian

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012, Scott Ferguson wrote:

Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:30:17
From: Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Problem with trying to instal Debian

On 19/03/12 16:11, Bret Busby wrote:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2012, Bret Busby wrote:

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012, Brian wrote:

On Sun 18 Mar 2012 at 01:37:41 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

I do not know whether the firmware is faulty (the IPW firmware)
or the mirror settings within the downloaded netinst ISO, are
bad.

But, it does not work.

<snipped>

I suppose it is possible that the reason that the repositories
mirrors cannot be accessed, is due to this wireless network device,

Yes - it's possible.
The routing table on that box will tell you if that is being used as a
gateway.

# route

Alternatively it could be your DNS server (either not working, or
miss-set during install). Have a look at /etc/resolv.conf

<snipped>

Kind regards

I have given up.

I have had repeated attempts to write the Debian 6.04 "x386" DVD, using the "CD/DVD Creator" that is the default that came with Debian 6, that cannot create a bootable disc, and Brasero that cannot eject the disc, and I have not been able to obtain a bootable DVD of the Debian 6.04 "x386" version.

It appears that Debian simply does not instal and run on 32 bit Intel based chip systems anymore.

All that I have been able to do with Debian 6, in trying to instal it on the 32 bit computer, is create coasters, and waste bandwidth with the unusable downloads, and I have now, too many Debian 6 32 bit coasters.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."