Re: KVM problem

On Monday 12 March 2012 09:32:06 Jon Dowland wrote:

> My hunch was the problems were due to the software stack falling back to
> pure software emulation.

But why would it appear to run at full speed when using serial console, boot
without slowness or delay when using curses console, yet load and run
extremely slowly (if at all) when using VESA console?

And why would the *first* VM run normally, at normal speed, while the second
one hangs?

Even at full, pure emulation, the VM should not be running slower than a
PDP-8. Not on a dual athlon 5000+. Were it simply pure software emulation, the
VM would have continue to load and continued to operate, not hang doing
nothing.

On my dual athlon, replacing vga-bios.bin solved the problem. But it didn't
solve the problem on my friend's system.

Thewe's something vewy, vewy, scwewy wit'' dis wabbit.