Re: KVM problem

On Thursday 08 March 2012 18:52:03 Neal Murphy wrote:
> Howdy!
>
> A friend is having the devil's own time trying to get qemu-kvm working for
> himself. I have no such trouble.

I fired up my test dual-core athlon and installed Squebian Deeze. And
encountered problems similar to those my friend has been facing.

Then with a sharp pain, like a pin stuck in my arm, a neuron fired and I
*finally* remembered that I had replaced the vgabios.bin and vgabios-
cirrus.bin files in /usr/share/kvm a looooong time ago. I no longer remember
where I got them or exactly why they needed to be replaced.

I transferred those two files to the athlon system and kvm started behaving
much more betterer. I can now easily start several VMs.