Re: Free movies on the Internet -- download scams [OT]

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:13:39 +1100
Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28/02/12 21:20, nepal wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:53:54 +0000
> > Sian Mountbatten <poenikatu@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All!
> >>
> >> It occurred to me that there might be free movies to download. So I
> >> did a web search with Google and got lots of sites;
>

> <snipped>
>

> >> So no movies for free.
> >>
> >> Anybody else had this experience? And what can be done about it?
> >>

> > There is a distributed torrent client available now that does
> > overcome some of the problems with torrents and tracking
> > downloaders,
>

> Some ain't *all*.
> eg. if you use tribler to download copyrighted material you can still
> be prosecuted. Have you ever considered how long records are kept
> for? Or whether it might affect some peoples careers?
>
> Anyone can join tribler - the files are fingerprinted (hashed) -
> that's how the system works. Having obtained the hashes of files it
> takes seconds for Cisco and other DPI vendors (including many ISPs) to
> distribute the list of illegal file hashes across the globe to their
> clients. Had you considered that before advising others to try it?
>
> The road to hell is paved with good/enthusiastic(?) intentions, and
> signposted with ignorance. :-(
>
> It's a capitalist society, if you don't like Hollywood (and Rupert
> Murdoch) vote with your wallet. Flattr free music and movie
> distributors
> - that's free as in Debian is free, not gratis.
> <snipped>
>

> Kind regards

well I didn't ask for your moral guidance did I?

that's because it was not required. Fuck you and your values and your
fucking insane world.

This email has been scanned by Westcoastcloud.
http://www.westcoastcloud.com/