Re: Free movies on the Internet -- download scams

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:53:54 +0000
Sian Mountbatten <poenikatu@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> It occurred to me that there might be free movies to download. So I
> did a web search with Google and got lots of sites; but there's a
> catch! You have to register (for free). So I give my email address
> and a password and discover that that email address is already used.
> Well, nobody else has that email address, so I must have forgotten
> that I had logged in. So I click on <Lost Password>, key in my email
> address and told that my account has been activated and that I should
> contact a support site. But that needs my email address and password.
> And so it goes on. And when I get to a site that doesn't go through
> all that rigmarole, I have to download an .exe file which, of course,
> won't run on Linux. So it appears that Linux users cannot download
> free movies.
>
> So no movies for free.
>
> Anybody else had this experience? And what can be done about it?

There is a distributed torrent client available now that does overcome
some of the problems with torrents and tracking downloaders, freely
available (I have no vested interest) called Tribler. Although the
range of content of pb and others may not be available just yet, daily
the amount of content grows massively. Music and video content is
available and can even be streamed to watch if desired.

    http://www.tribler.org

that will provide the original client. or you could get one with
'enhancements', which I aim to try today;

  http://tv.seas.harvard.edu/

[OT]as a consumer this way of doing things allows me to check out the
content prior to purchase so I know what it is I am purchasing. Not
something crap hollywood really wants to allow these days.[/OT]

This email has been scanned by Westcoastcloud.
http://www.westcoastcloud.com/