Re: [Ubuntu-hams] Contest logging project

Nate,

Good luck on this.  If it was me, and I've thought about it from time to time, I would have done it in Python first. The syntax and high level aspects are so much easier than C/C++ IMO, and execution speed probably isn't critical.

It seems that logging is a very personal thing.  I haven't found an ideal answer for my own needs, but I'm not sure my needs match anyone else's.  This is mainly a front-end issue (GUI, KB interface), while the backend (db, data exchange, LOTW, what have you) is probably a lot more generic.  Which might suggest a two-part solution that would appeal to a wider audience?

73
Martin AA6E