Re: Audiobooks

On Tuesday 28 February 2012 23:14:28 Sian Mountbatten wrote:
> So are audiobooks only for Windoze or MacOS?

Audiobooks come in many different formats, including MP3, CD and tape.  aa is
somewhat problematic and I don't kno wwhat can read it.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/audible-com-aa-sound-format-on-linux-350452/

I think that my Daisy Player can, but at £250 before VAT, those with sight
might prefer another format/means of playback.

audible.com is very Linux unfriendly.  When I tried to download my free aa
file,  2 or 3 years ago, it wouldn't even download onto Linux!!

I am sure that there are sites for the fully sighted to download audio books,
but I'm afraid that I don't know of any.  I get my audio books variously from
the local library, two audiobook readers groups to which I belong, and 2
excellent charitable sites for the blind and partially sighted.  I get them
on 'normal' CDs and tape, MP3 CDs and Daisy CDs.  I could download them, but
don't because there are always problems with Linux and DRM or similar and I
Iike an easy life.

Lisi