From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>
To: Debian Users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>; Ubuntu Hams Group <ubuntu-hams@lists.launchpad.net>; Linux Hams <linux-hams@vger.kernel.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:25 PM
Subject: [Ubuntu-hams] Contest logging project

Hi all.

I've starting hacking on a contest logger.  I am writing it in C++ and
wxWidgets and primarily targeting Linux at this time.  I've been working
on this on and off for about six weeks and have reached a point where I
am running up against my inexperience in both C++ and application
development.

I am looking for whomever may be interested in helping to develop this
thing into something that actually works!  I am looking specifically for
persons with knowledge of C++ and wxWidgets and who are interested in a
contest logger with a logging UI based on the classic CT.

My motivation is to be able to use the UI I and many others are
comfortable with.  TR and N1MM's ESM UI are just not comfortable to me.
Beyond that requirement the only other requirement is data integrity
using some sort of database container.

At this point the program is nothing more than a few windows that are a
sort of prototype of where I want to go.  The program does not accept
nor store data at this time and such niceties as duping and country
verification are far off as is rig control, et. al.

Given sufficient interest in the project I will push it up to Github and
look into starting a development mailing list.  At this time it is not
useful so potential users will be disappointed.

Please reply to me direct if interested.

73, de Nate, NØNB >>

possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."