Re: [OT]: Printing to file from Adobe Acrobat's reader

On 28/02/12 16:55, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:12:10 +0100, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:

On 28/02/12 15:56, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

Also, remember that there are some PDF files that you wont be able to
print from Acrobat Reader because the PDF file itself can have
restrictions or limitations that Acrobat Reader has to apply because
this application conforms to DRM rules :-(

It prints ok to the hardware printer (well I tried a couple of pages as
it's a pretty long document), so this doesn't seem the case. Just a
document full of form fields which is now locked for modification but
should be printed.

It may allow to print to a printer but not to a file because of
resolution restrictions. Can you lower the DPI to 150 or less in the cups-
pdf virtual printer for this job?

Also, check with a different PDF with forms and see how it goes. I've
found very bizarre restrictions when it comes to PDF files ;-(

Thanks for the suggestions, but changing the DPI and printing another file (a simple PDF generated by libreoffice) also fails in the same way.

Lorenzo.

Greetings,