Re: Bad news for Epson Perfection v330 - SOLVED

On 24 Feb 2012, Steven Rosenberg wrote:
> On 02/15/2012 02:29 PM, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > On 15 Feb 2012, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> >
> > Sorry to follow up to myself but I found a solution. The missing
> > dependency was libltdl3, which is no longer available. But after more
> > googling I found libltdl3_1.5.26-4+lenny1_i386.deb. This allows me to
> > install iscan. Panic over - apologies for over-reaction.
>
> I have this same scanner, and I was surprised to find out that it
> wouldn't work out of the box with Debian Squeeze.
>
> I eventually found this same solution (using iscan), including
> grabbing libtld3 from the Lenny archive.
>
> It should be easier than this.

According to a correspondent on uk.comp.os.linux I downloaded the wrong
file. I should have got iscan_2.28.1-3.ltdl7_i386.deb, which would have
included the missing library. As this correspondent rightly remarks, the
Epson site is confusing. I have pointed this out to them.

AC

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk