Re: [1/2OT] something about sed

On Monday 27,February,2012 04:49 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
lina wrote:
Bob Proulx wrote:
Lina, I am dissappointed and hurt that my messages aren't of high
enough quality to make the cut for your reading.  What may I do to
improve them?  :-)

Oh Bob, I am terribly wrong (haha ... I am kidding here. gotta be
serious. please don't be disappointed and really appreciate you
pointed it out.)
sometimes I just missed lots of things, and barely realized it.

That's okay.  Obviously I was mostly just having fun with that
comment.  There is always too much email.

friend's girlfriend, she told me that sometimes some person know how
to swim fast, but not necessarily know how to teach people.

That is very true.  Being good at doing something does not mean that
you are good at teaching something.

she implied that I shouldn't have took advice from everyone. she was
an innocent bystander, in swimming pool she never said something
about how to swim. But I was shocked (even I didn't give any
comments about her smart insight at that time.)

I disagree with your friend that you shouldn't listen to the advice of
other people, even those that might not know what they are doing.
Instead I think you should listen and make your own judgement about
whether it is worthwhile or not.  Some advice you should ignore.  And
it might even be this advice right now.  Or maybe not.  You will have
to decide.

But I think there is something to learn from everyone.  Even if
someone doesn't know how to teach then if you know how to learn then
you can learn from them even if they cannot teach.  It is more work
and effort for the student but sometimes it is worthwhile.

I do love learning form others and very open about advice. Just another thing inspired me. that girl once she stayed in another side of swimming pool, away form us. to correct her position alone. Her swimming has already been very perfect in my eyes. sometimes once we know the key points, what we might really needs is more practice than advice. Even for scripting, actually sometimes I know something basic, what I need most maybe just "thinking" and "writing" my own, not blindly following.

I am a pilot.  I learned to fly in the modern age in an old vintage
cool.
taildragger.  One of my instructors is an awesomely good pilot.  He is
a stereotypical "grissled" old grey haired guy.  I love to fly with
him because he is just so good at what he does.  But he is a terrible
teacher!  I have to pry the knowledge out of him.  It is hard.  If I
just flew with him and had him sign off my logbook that he flew with
me then I wouldn't have learned anything.  But knowing I have to work
for it means that I am taking it as my job to learn and so I ask him
questions and take an active approach to learning from him.  In doing
this I have picked up some lessons that have been invaluable to me.  I
wouldn't have gotten those anywhere else.

What's happened on that learning is the same as what's going on with
this learning. I just feel I am not good, so wanna to improve by
following others and then sometimes even lost something true.

Then you have taken the first step.  Good job!  The journey of 10,000
miles begins with a single step.  If you are motivated and persistent
then you will get there.  But often a goal like this is always a
moving target.  With something like this you never reach an end.  I
know that I have not reached mine.  But that is okay.  Life is a
journey, not a destination.  It is the journey and how you travel it
that is important.

Thanks. Just recently I felt I am confused/lost in many things. The judgment I made neither poor nor wrong, and for the things I should really focus on just failed to being took seriously, lost balance. Anyway, I gotta stop now, otherwise the 1/2 OT will slide to 100% OT.

Good luck!

Best wishes,

Bob