[SOLVED] Re: iceweasel update from 9 to 10.0.2 went wrong on Wheezy

On Sunday 26 February 2012 21:30:22 Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2012 26 Feb 17:36 -0600, Eike Lantzsch wrote:
> > Anybody else having this iceweasel-problem? Or a hint what to do?
>
> I just updated my Wheezy laptop and Iceweasel 10.0.2 starts and is
> working just fine for me.  I had noted no issue when it updated on my
> Sid desktop.  Perhaps starting in Safe mode and working through your
> extensions will identify the problem:
>
> http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Safe%20Mode
>
> 73, de Nate, NØNB >>

Thanks Nate and thanks Brian.

Not even safe mode worked but that was due to some part of iceweasel still in
memory. Deleting ~/.mozilla and a cold reboot made eventually iceweasel -safe-
mode come up. I'm not used to reboot Linux on such occasions.
Removing or disabling all Add-ons let me start iceweasel again in normal mode.
Funny part: I enabled one extension and one add-on after another and closed
iceweasel after enabling every single one and started it again - all add-ons
are working fine.
I copied my backup of ~/.mozilla back and that works too [scratching my head].

So it works now but I still don't know which extension or add-on acted up.

Just now I don't care as long as I get my work done.

73 and tnx again
Eike