Re: Problem Installing libc6 (eglibc) from netboot image

Unfortunately I don't have much choice in supporting these apps: both because users want them and because they work better than their non-evil competition. I wish gnash was better, but in my experience it's a poor substitute. I'm not sure, but I am pretty sure that no PDF reader other than Acrobat even comes close to supporting the full PDF standard (and a nasty mess the standard is: I don't really blame other authors).

Surprisingly, 32-bit flash in a 64-bit wrapper worked great for my users during the time when Adobe had no official 64-bit support. Here's a short write-up of what I did: http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2010/06/msg00849.html

Similarly, I've had no problems running 32-bit Acrobat on a 64-bit system in ~2 years. Do you know of any issues off-hand that I should be concerned about?

I actually don't know why skype is evil. I just googled it, but I'd be interested in hearing why you think skype is evil.

Thanks for your take on multiarch, I will keep an eye on it :-)

-Chris